Subject: Re: NFS server hangs under 1.4.1
To: Steve <stevep@mccue.com>
From: Greg Wohletz <greg@duke.CS.UNLV.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/06/2000 22:40:17

Any time I try to to significant work with irix 6.5 using v3/tcp nfs
mounts iand a netbsd 1.4.1 server system it ends up crashing the netbsd
machine with:

	panic: Bad nfs svc reply

This does not occur if I instruct the sgi to mount the sgi using v2/udp

I only encountered this problem last week when I compiled a new version
of amd on the sgi's that started requesting v3/tcp mounts.  A brief
examination of the core file shows that the size of the request exceeded
the maximum.  I have not investigating the problem beyond this.

						--Greg