Subject: Re: Crash: NetBSD-1.4S
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/06/2000 12:33:59
G'day,

a little feedback on my print problem. I've changed the printer device
to /dev/lpa0 and nolonger experience the system crashes.

The /dev/lpt0 device worked fine for me until I've upgraded my system from
NetBSD-1.4.1-a.out to NetBSD-1.4S-elf. Actually, I've installed the
new system from scratch and hence it shouldn't be a problem with any
residual old binaries of libs from a previously installed version.

Considering this, I have a strong feeling that this is a bug in
NetBSD-current which ought to be fixed!!! I haven't received any replies
from the list on how to track this problem down. The crash occurs
without warning and leaving no traces making troubleshooting of this
problem extremely difficult.

I will stick with lpa0 for now until finding a way of tracking down the
problem.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes