Subject: Re: Crash: NetBSD-1.4S
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/2000 08:35:32
G'day,

Ok, here some more info...

After the crash, the spooler directory contains the following files
and its contents:

/var/spool/lpd/cfA007hotdog.ping.net.au:
#	$NetBSD: printcap,v 1.3 1996/05/08 17:19:45 thorpej Exp $
#	from: @(#)printcap	8.1 (Berkeley) 6/9/93

lp|Kyocera FS600:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd:\
	:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
	:if=/usr/pkg/libexec/magicfilter/ljet4-filter:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:

/var/spool/lpd/.seq:
007

/var/spool/lpd/lock:
179
cfA007hotdog.ping.net.au

/var/spool/lpd/status:
lp is ready and printing

However the command lpq doesn't show any jobs in the queue. I have
changed my printer setting to /dev/lpa0 and had a few more successes
in printing, but won't call it a fix after my last false call.

Nonetheless, it is a bug which needs fixing, any hints on how to track
this down? I find it difficult to troubleshoot something which doesn't
leave any traces. To me it appears to be a kernel related problem. I
discount hardware problems since it works under MS Win98.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes