Subject: Crash: NetBSD-1.4S
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2000 14:01:17
G'day,

I am running NetBSD-1.4S on a ASUS-P3B-F/Celeron 466 System and
when printing, the system will usually reboot on the second attempt.
The strange thing is, the print job gets completed.

The sequence is as followed:

	lpr /etc/printcap
	can't create /var/spool/lpd/<spool_file_name>
	lpr /etc/printcap
	reboot after print queue is emptied, the printout is ok..

I'm using lpt0 as my  pinter device. dmesg doesn't show any other
devices using irq 7, so I discount a interrupt conflict.

This only happens after upgrading hardware to above specification.
What is the best way of troubleshooting this?

Additional sysinfo: ghostscript 5.50, magicfilter-1.2 (by memory)

Many thanks in advance

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes