Subject: Re: Still no luck with dual headed X
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/29/2000 15:37:24
Steven Grunza writes:
> My system is a Dell XPS T600:
>
> Console (Screen0) is ATI Xpert98 AGP card
> Screen1 is a Diamond Viper V770
>
> OS is NetBSD-1.4.2_ALPHA
> X is XFree86 version 3.9.18
>
> XF86Config  and XFree86.0.log are attached.
>
> I get the console screen ok but the second monitor doesn't come up out
> of power-saving mode so I suspect there is no video signal present from
> the V770.  Dual head mode works great in Windows98.
>
> So to post so much data but if I don't get the second screen up, my boss
> is gonna wonder why I'm not using Win98.....
>
> Steven Grunza
> steven_grunza@ieee.org

Have you looked into the 'int 10 bootstrap' feature?  I thought the
NetBSD releasenotes for 3.9.18 mentioned that being supported now?
If it truly does work, that may help initialize the card.  Have you
tried using the cards in the opposite manner? (e.g. change the primary
card to the Viper V700)  I suppose this may not be possible to change
in the Dell BIOS.

FWIW, I'm sure many of us are interested in hearing how this goes.. :)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.