Subject: Re: Laptop compatibility
To: None <dominicj@cs.utah.edu>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/28/2000 20:06:34
	   Does anyone have suggestions as to brands/models of laptops that
   are largely/completely compatible with NetBSD? Is there any online
   information that I might be overlooking on this subject? I haven't been
   able to find much of anything.

   Dominic R. Jones
   The University of Utah
   jonesd@acm.org

It is a year old now, but I very much enjoy my Toshiba Portege 3015.  This
is a notebook size computer, 3/4 of an inch thick.  Mine has a 266MHZ
Pentium Pro with 96MB of ram.  The cardbus code works well, the ym driver
produces good sound and XFree seems happy.

An associate of mine at work has a Sony Viao, but run Linux on it, so I
presume that it wouldn't be rocket science getting NetBSD to run on it
too.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]