Subject: Re: need pcmcia i/o mapping quirk table?
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/28/2000 09:48:47
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 02:24:26PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> > >Many of these problems can be solved by using the PNPBIOS code.
> >
> > 	see, I'll try PNPBIOS.  shouldn't we include it into INSTALL
> > 	and GENERIC kernel sometime soon?
>
> Yep. Last it was discussed, it didn't work on all machines, however.
>
> Does anyone still have machines that die horribly with the PNPBIOS code?
>
> --
> Soren

[Please excuse the great delay in this reply, I'm digging out from 2000+
 NetBSD emails... ]

Yes, I've got a Gateway Solo 9300 LS that resets itself when it hits the
PNPBIOS code during autoconf.

I just haven't had the time to setup a serial console so that I can actually
capture the output.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."