Subject: Re: Problem with "lm" driver
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Bill Squier <groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/2000 14:39:13
On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 05:19:32PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
> my system (Pentium II on a Gigabyte 6BXD) fails to map the LM chip
> for the new "lm" device properly:
>
> lm0 at pnpbios0 index 8 (PNP0C02): can't map i/o space

The probe could be more helpful here.  What's index 8 show when you don't
configure the lm driver in?

> Is this a general problem with the PNP bios driver on my system or
> more likely a problem with the "lm" device?

The pnpbios attach is problematic at best-- it turns out that PNP0C02
describes "generic motherboard registers" rather than hardware monitoring.

The latest revision (not yet checked in) will do a slightly better check.
It also requires the addition of a pnpbios_io_unmap() to pnpbios.c

--
Bill Squier (groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu)
http://www.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~groo