Subject: Re: Off Topic: CPU fans
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/2000 07:18:30
On 26 Feb 00, at 22:24, Rick Kelly wrote:

> The box that I usually sit in front of at rmkhome.com is a
> P200 with 128 megs of memory that I cobbled together myself.
>
> I built the machine in 1/97. The original CPU fan died last
> July. At one point I bought some fans from compgeeks.com for
> $5(US) apiece. They are probably sleeve rather than ball bearing.
>
> This machine has eaten three of these fans since July...
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for solid, ball bearing, cpu
> fan distributors that I can buy from on the web.
>
> Thanks in advance!!
> --
> Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com

Hi,

you might try one of the manufacturerers I can recommend and
have contact lists somewhere on their homepage (both offer fans
with a lifetime of 85.000 hours):

http://www.ystech.com.tw/

http://www.papst.de/english/home.html

or a german online shop I had no problems with:

http://www.thetatech.de/index.html

or try one of the links at:

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/

and