Subject: Missing secr shlibs in snapshot
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/2000 11:10:59
Well, I downloaded and manually installed the i386 snapshot 20000213
onto a new hard drive.

So far, I've found that telnet won't work due to a missing libkrb shared
library. There is no
security set to download, so the file is not available for download as
far as I can see.

Since I totally bypassed the install routines by using an already
running older snapshot, I have no
feedback on the install script operation. If this is desired, I can try
to swap drives around to test
it. My main concern was to avoid destroying the already running and
configured system I'd been
using on this box.

If I can get things running, I intend to upgrade to this snapshot, or if
a newer one becomes available,
I will install it instead. Basically I guess what I want/desire is the
security set at this time for the
above snapshot, unless a complete new snapshot is in the works as we
speak.

Either a quick pointer to a source of the secr.tgz file, or a "don't
bother yet" would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Joseph Sarkes    jsarkes@tiac.net