Subject: Re: Lucent 11Mbps wavelan support?
To: <>
From: Ed Gould <ed@left.wing.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/2000 10:29:09
>> Even in 11MBit/Sec mode? "wi(4)" doesn't mention this:
>>
>>    Transmit speed is selectable between 1Mbps fixed, 2Mbps fixed or 2Mbps
>>    with auto fallback.  For WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo adapters, speeds up to 6Mbps
>>    are available.
>
> I haven't actually measured the transfer rate, but it feels fast.  I don't
> believe anything particular has to be done to allow 11Mb/s operation.

I haven't actually done a measurement, but wiconfig reports a transmit speed
of 11Mb/s when running normally.  When I turn on "power management" (which I
dowhen on battery power), it reports a 2Mb/s transmit speed.  This seems
reasonable.

I guess wi(4) should be updated to reflect 11Mb/s operation.

	--Ed