Subject: Re: rarpd stops listening
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/2000 00:45:59
On Thu 10 Feb 2000 at 18:03:18 +0100, Krister Walfridsson wrote:
> That read should not hang as I understand it, so I think it is a kernel
> issue.

I think the same, because arpwatch also just stops functioning after
a while. I think both programs use the packet filter, right?

The time it takes before arpwatch just stops detecting anything seems
to vary, it seems to get faster over time. Maybe it is related to the
size of its database (in which case the problem may not be the same as
with rarpd anyway).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)