Subject: Re: Support for some obscure devices (MLX0076, HWP1940)
To: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/08/2000 07:11:13
On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Tim Walls wrote:

[snip]

> The hard drives are connected to a bizarre SCSI RAID controller labelled
> Mylex.  NetBSD identifies this on boot as "MLX0076" (not configured.)
>
> So, first question...
>
> 1. Do we have any support for the MLX0076 SCSI controller?

AFAIK NetBSD does not support any Mylex RAID controllers.  DPT controllers
are the only RAID controls which are supported (besides the SCSI->SCSI
based RAID controllers...)  They're may be ongoing work to create support,
but I don't think it's here today.

[snip]

> The box also has 4 (count 'em ;-) Hewlett Packard network cards, also
> not configured by NetBSD.  These are identified on boot as "HWP1940".
>
> 2. Do we have any support for the HWP1940 ethernet card?

Are these the EISA 100VG cards?  After doing some digging, it looks like
the HP part number for these may be J2577A, with a description of HP
J2577A 10/100VG.

Again, I don't think support is there.  If you can grab the card and
identify some of the chips, there may be a chance that 1) it's supported
under another driver (ala the de or tlp drivers, which seem support
(log x)^3 cards at any given moment in time ;-) or 2) the framework is
there to start a driver...

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...