Subject: Re: Release goo for 1.4.2_ALPHA
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/2000 18:49:07
Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:

> Does there exist i386 machines with both EISA and PCI?

  I don't think so, but OTOH one never knows what weird PC hardware can
be found out there ;-)

> else is needed.  I'm not sure how much we would gain by chucking out
> the EISA devices, so we may eventually need to give up on the
> single-floppy goal anyway.

  I agree.  It was just that I'd rather go with the one-floppy default
install system for 1.4.x and change that only for 1.5 and later ...

> It's not like it's a big defeat, now, is it?  Besides, it's also a
> pretty easy solution.

  That's right, although I have to admit I really liked the "one floppy
covers all" installation NetBSD offered over other OS's ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene