Subject: Re: PCMCIA card reader
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2000 22:01:38
On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Peter Seebach wrote:
> So, the Aviator gizmo's ISA<->PCMCIA thing says:
>
> pcic0: controller 0 detecting irqs with mask 0xdeb8:
> pcic0: no available irq, will poll for card insertion and removal
>
> And that's all it says.  Should I be trying to set it differently?

Is this with or without the Aviator in it? If without, that's
sounds normal... if with, I dunno :)

> Also, it has a set of jumpers for "slot select" (which I assume means which
> PCMCIA slot), and then others for DMA channel.  I tried setting DMA channel to
> "2", because DMA channels 0 and 1 are used by my sound card, but that doesn't
> seem to work.
>
> Do I care about DMA?  Any likely settings I should try to make it work?

The manual said to leave the jumpers alone (DMA off), so I did... I'm
running a slightly older -current (Jan 31), and it's working fine,
except for the things I mentioned in
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2000/01/31/0031.html