Subject: Re: SOLVED: random cc1 SEGV's with 1.4.1/1.4.2_ALPHA
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/2000 11:25:01
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but that's just the mood I'm in these days ;-)

At 04:02 PM 2/2/00 +0900, Ken Nakata wrote:
>The 66MHz frequency is really 66.67, or even better 66.66666...MHz in
>the spec, i.e. BCLK *period* (not freq) minimum is 15ns, so x3 is not
>198MHz but exactly 200MHz.  Whether your motherboard really uses
>66.67MHz BCLK is entirely another matter, though.

Okay. I was confused by some software that reported the lower numbers.
You're right, I do feel *much* better ;-)

At 10:45 PM 2/1/00 -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
>> 75Mhz external is overclocking for a Pentium - I don't think any Pentium
>> CPU is supposed to get any clock higher than 66Mhz (according to Intel,
>
>Pentium _Pro_ ... my first message mentioned that, I guess the others didn't.

Then the range of numbers is lowered, but the multiplier for any given
clock is still the same (and the max external clock is still 66):

External	CPU
50		150
60		180
66		166 200

(there may also have been some "Pentium Pro Overdrives" later (motherboard
manuals at the time talked about them), but if there were, they weren't
very common).