Subject: Building 1.4.x
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/2000 12:24:31
When trying to do a 'make snapshot' for NetBSD/i386 on the netbsd-1-4
branch, I'm getting stuck with building src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy.
The gzipped kernel is too large to fit on the floppy image.  I can
get it to fit by removing mt, slattach, tip, and restore, but I
don't think this is the long-term solution.  I also can't believe
that I'm the only one to run into this problem.

So, has anyone else run into this?  What's the solution?

Actually, in my case, I'm building a CD to install from since an
old motherboard that I'm getting ready to install on apparently
has a busted floppy controller.  I expect that there's a better
way to install this that doesn't require a full boot floppy image
(I'm working off the information from Andreas Gustafsson in the
 port-i386 archives:
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/1998/11/12/0003.html)

-allen