Subject: Re: Recommendations wanted for 100baseTX cards
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/2000 10:29:57
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 06:34:47 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
 Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com> wrote:

 > Agreed on that one.  I was lucky enough to grab two NetGears back in
 > the days, for $19 new!  They work like champs.  Harder to come by now :-<

I've had some luck with the Macronix-based cards, in -current, using
the `tlp' driver, tho, I have *NOT* implemented auto-sensing support
for those chips yet.

I *would* like to recommend the SMC 9432TX `EtherPower II' ... based on
the SMC 83c170 chip ... those are supported by the `epic' driver, and
everyone I know who has one (including me :-) is quite satisfied with
it.