Subject: Re: Recommendations wanted for 100baseTX cards
To: Steve Paul <stevep@mccue.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/2000 06:34:47
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Steve Paul wrote:

> The best 100base cards I've used under NetBSD have been
> the -old- Netgear cards with the DEC chipset on them.  The

[snip!]

Agreed on that one.  I was lucky enough to grab two NetGears back in
the days, for $19 new!  They work like champs.  Harder to come by now :-<

I've also had success with the Intel cards (EtherExpress Pro, I
believe).  I've an old IBM ppro box at home which does some routing using
two fxp's...  I do remember some problems with the media selection, but I
can't exactly remember what; it all "just works" now :-)

-Jon