Subject: Issue with modem
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alan C. Horn <deorth@mono.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2000 02:45:09
Ok, so windows reports this modem as a V90 K56flex HSP PCI Modem, using
com4 (from the windows idea of com), irq 11 and de80-de8f.

It's a PCTel PCI based modem card. Netbsd 1.4.1 (I guess as of end of
November last year, the last time I compiled) sees :

unknown vendor 0x134d product 0x7890 (miscellaneous communications,
revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 16 function 0 not configured.

I've tried forcing particular values for com1,2 & 3 (specifically 3), the
bios in this machine only allows one to define a single value for the
'on-board' serial port. This is set to com1, and NetBSD sees it
accordingly as com0. This is the only com device that NetBSD sees, and
this is the external serial port on the motherboard.

Any help gratefully received. Please Cc: me on replies as I'm not
subscribed to either list.

Cheers,

Al