Subject: Re: ALPS 4x4 CD changer (ATAPI)
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/22/2000 13:38:42
Is there any way to specify a different device ID for each LUN, and have it
switch automatically when IO to a particular LUN is requested? I recall
having that capability with a SCSI changer way back in 1.2, and it was very
convenient - I just mounted all 7 CDs, each in a different directory, then
pointed the applications using the CDs at the various directories. That way
I didn't have to screw around with chio or anything like that when a
different CD was needed.

(I haven't had a CD changer for a couple years now, so I can't try it out
for myself anymore...)