Subject: sharing resources
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/2000 19:39:27
Hi all,

I've been doing some experimenting with NFS.
I have a small home network setup with two BSD machines
and one linux machine.  The linux machine (bambam) is the
bad ass on the block (550 MHZ Pentium3).  And the other machines are kind
of lame by today's standards.  I used some disk space on
bambam,s hard drive as a /usr directory which I NFS
mounted on an i386 BSD machine( barney).

The NFS mount is working well, but when I build packages
on barney it is very slow and I was wondering if I can build
packages for barney using the cpu of bambam. Is anything like
this possible?

		Guy