Subject: Suggestions for a good LVD controller
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/2000 17:12:55
I'm running NetBSD/i386 1.4.x, and I'm in the market for a good
SCSI LVD controller.  Is anyone running the Advansys or Tekram
products with any success?  What's a good source/price for the
Q-Logic, and is anyone running one of those on /i386?

What kind of throughput are you getting?  Is anyone running on a
CCD or an array that could approach the 80 MB/sec mark?

It looks like there is at least one report of problems with the
Tekram 390F in the mailing list archives, but I don't see anything
one way or another on the Advansys or Q-Logic.  At least until
Adaptec gets friendlier, I'd rather not deal with them.

-allen