Subject: Re: NetBSD on a ThinkPad 365E?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/2000 09:34:01
> From:  Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
> Subject:  Re: NetBSD on a ThinkPad 365E?
> Date:  Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:55:45 -0500 (EST)

> itojun@iijlab.net writes:
> >
> > 	Doesn't it F1 (function key 1)?  It is usually so.
>
> Yup, most Thinkpads need you to hold 'F1' down when you turn them on.

I'd already tried that (sorry I should have mentioned that) since I saw
some mention of using F1 in an FAQ somewhere.  But on this TP365E that
just causes the bios to complain about "Keyboard stuck key error".  Then
it goes into the memory test and then brings up a box that thanks me for
using a thinkpad and wants me to hit enter to continue!

This is a pretty old ThinkPad (the BIOS identifies itself with the string
2.0.11 5/17/1996) so maybe the F1 behaviour is something that newer thinkpads
do?

Duncan