Subject: Uh-oh: 3c5x9 with install/generic doubleprobes!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, tech-install@netbsd.org,>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2000 16:21:38
I have several 3c509B cards in machines here.  These cards are in PnP mode,
either new out of the box or set that way with the DOS configuration utility.

With -current install or GENERIC kernels (i386, but I assume this problem
exists on other ports that support ISA) they double-probe, once with the
ISA attachment and once with the ISAPnP attachment.  The card gets
initialized twice and neither the resulting ep0 nor ep1 actually work.

I'm pretty sure that when the isapnp front-end to 'ep' was added care was
taken to ensure that this couldn't happen.  Anyway, 1.5 will not be
installable for folks with ISA 3Com cards if this isn't fixed, so I suggest
that whoever broke it, fix it. :-)

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"