Subject: TI CardBus bridge still declares "i'm not configured"
To: 'Jonathan Stone' <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Cannella, Michael (ISS Southfield) <mcannell@iss.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2000 12:29:19
It's still unrecognized...

No option do do that

> Build a kernel with the "pcic0 at isa" line commented out. Copy the
> config file, comment out the line, run config(8) over the config-file,
> run `make depend', then `make'.

-  I downloaded
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/sbin.tar.gz dated
1/15/00
-  I commented out the "pcic0 at isa" line (and commented out hardware I
don't have and protocols I don't use, and enabled APM))
-  I compiled a bootable kernel
-  I copied the kernel to /

dmesg gave me the identical messages with the CardBus Bridge, and not a
blessed thing about pcmcia.

Texas Instruments PCI1225 PCI-CardBus Bridge (CardBus bridge, revision 0x01)
at pci0 dev 3 function 0 not configured
Texas Instruments PCI1225 PCI-CardBus Bridge (CardBus bridge, revision 0x01)
at pci0 dev 3 function 1 not configured

Any other ideas?  Did I get the right kernel sources?

-----michael cannella  mailto:mcannella@iss.net
-----Internet Security Systems, Secure University
-----http://www.iss.net/