Subject: Re: reboot via control-alt-delete?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Smith <chriss@Mufasa.pubserv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2000 19:12:19
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Ted Lemon wrote:

> > shouldn't "CTRL-ALT-DEL"  bring up an X-window with a list of all
> > processes and a 'kill -9' button?
[snip]
> Ooh, I like it!  It'll be just like my Windows machine then, and you
> know how I love Windows...   :')
> Sarcasm aside, stealing ideas from Windows isn't necessarily a bad
> idea.   The Windows 2000 login dialog has a shutdown button, IIRC.

Well, actually, my XDM screen has had a shutdown button for a while -- it
was a side-effect of the other peopel in the house liking to just pull the
plug at inconvenient times (This is from before windows 95, so it was my
idea first ;).

At any rate, just as long as nobody tries to move the code for a local X
display into the kernel...

Regards,

Chris

Christopher Smith(chriss@pubserv.com)			Prgramer^W Programmer
Prime Synergy of Champaign, IL.
"Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and
weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes
and weigh only 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949