Subject: Re: irq sharing
To: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/17/2000 15:34:19
On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 06:25:45PM +0100, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I could not find any information about NetBSDs ability of support of
> IRQ sharing in any doc. Is it possible to use NetBSD in an
> environment, where two PCI cards use the same IRQ?

I can only say for certain wrt i386, but I expect other platforms
with PCI would be the same.

NetBSD supports sharing irqs, as supported by the hardware. i.e. There is
a restriction that you can't mix edge-trigered, and level-triggered devices,
one the same irq. Otherwise, no problem.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown