Subject: Re: your mail
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2000 23:11:30
On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Guy Santiglia wrote:

> This machine has two harddrives.  One 402 megabyte drive
> and one 40 meg drive.  I wanted to split the installation
> between these two drives.
> Like maybe use the 40 meg drive as a swap partition
> and put the rest of the system on the 402 meg drive.

Just make one partition on the 402mb, using the maximum availbale
number of blocks, no swap, and then add the swap later. You should be
able to run the installer and boot single user, at least, without any
swap at all, as long as you have at least 8mb. Label the second disk
to have a `b' partition the same size as the `d' partition, but type
``swap''. (No `c' necessary!) Make your fstab something like this:

 /dev/wd0a	/	ffs	rw 1 1
 /dev/wd1b	none	swap	dp
 /dev/wd1b	none	swap	sw
 /dev/wd1b	/tmp	mfs	rw