Subject: Re: install problems
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2000 13:12:14
Hello,

OK I finally figured out  what
to enter in that kernel debugger to make the changes for
my NIC.  I changed the port address and
the IRQ and now I'm happy to say that the NetBSD distribution sets
are smokin down through the dsl modem.  Hopefully the rest of the
installation will go OK.

<10 minutes later>

Having some trouble booting.  It seems the linux system that was installed
there before, left some traces. Maybe on the MBR.  I get the first two letters
of the linux loader program appearing on the screen when I try to boot netBSD:

LI

and then nothing.  I'll try the install again with NetBSD.
Unless someone has a better idea.

  Thanks for all your help.

	Guy

PS: Some kind of option to change the IRQ and address should be in the
sysinst program. The redat install prompts the user if he would like to
make those changes to the kernel during the installation.