Subject: sometimes network
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2000 09:33:35
I'm not quite sure where to start on this one.  I am converting a RH6.0
box with a functioning 3c509 card over to 1.4.1.  Right now it dual boots
to both from LILO.  Perhaps 60% of the time, when I boot 1.4.1 ifconfig -a
reports the ep0 interface up but the network remains down (ping any local
box returns "host down").  If I reboot the box it usually functions
correctly.  Is this a LILO quirk which will go away when I replace LILO
with our boot selector, or should I be looking elsewhere (inside 1.4.1).

The box is an old i586 w/ 16meg RAM.

Thanks.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer  	 Auto Gear Equipment
			Host	 		 Classic-FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		 The Payne Lake Project