Subject: RE: install problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2000 22:46:03
--- David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 06:40:16PM -0800, Guy Santiglia wrote:
> > No jumpers.
>
> Then there's a config disk which is required to change the settings
> for the card.
>
> > > If not, the software to set the irq will be _very_ card specific.
> > > What IRQ/IO is the card on now?
> >
> > I'm not sure.  How can I tell?
>
> Have you ever had this card working? On what OS? Where did you get
> the card.

Yes, the card was working before.

  Now, when I boot with the sysinst boot floppies, I can see
that it is recognizing the card.  It shows a message like this
as sysinst is starting up:

ne1: at isa port    0x300-0x31F  irq 10
ne1: NE2000 ethernet

Or something like that.

And the install notes say that the device should be configured
like this.

    Novell NE1000, or NE2000 Ethernet boards
              ne0  0x280     9
              ne1  0x300     10

So I thought it should be OK.

I was having trouble with the syntax of that other method in
the kernel debugger.

If I found the line like this:

-loc+0x2a0      280     =0xf0279046

What would I enter at the debugger prompt to
set the IRQ?

   Thanks,

                Guy