Subject: Re: bash problem
To: Andrew Todorov <rasate@hotmail.com>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2000 15:51:45
Hi,

infos for NetBSD 1.3.x so may be outdated:

1. copy bash files (pkg_add will copy to /usr/pkg/bin)

2. edit /etc/shells, if nor allready done add "/usr/pkg/bin/bash"

3. edit .profile files in homedir to get a useful prompt (eg.
PS1=3D`[\h:\u] \w\$=B4 ; export PS1

4. as root be shure to have /usr/pkg/bin in the path

5. run chpass where you can add /usr/pkg/bin/bash

Have not tested but should work.

mike