Subject: Re: Intellimouse Microsoft
To: samuel Lellouche <samuel.Lellouche@epita.fr>
From: Kjetil B Thomassen <kjetilbt@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2000 11:42:05
On Thu, 13 Jan 100, samuel Lellouche wrote:

> I have a Microsoft PS2 intellimouse.
>
> I managed to make the wheel work on Linux with imwheel..
>
> Is there a wayt to have it working on NetBsd?
>
> Im using 1.4.1...

Yes, there is. Make a custom kernel with the pmsi driver, and use
that when configuring XFree86.

I have a logitech one, and it works fine with the pmsi driver, but I
have not yet enabled the wheel. I only use it as the middle button at
the moment. If you enable wscons at the same time, then the mouse will
probably be set up as /dev/wsmouse0. That is what I am using at the
moment.

But, running xf86config, it seems to be supported.

I hope this helps.

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://home.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/

PS This is not posted to the list, plesae do if appropriate. DS