Subject: TLP +Cardbus + suspend --> no carrier?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@cm-24-142-94-15.cableco-op.ispchannel.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2000 18:14:46
I got a NetGear FA510 when I heard Jason was doing a driver.  The darn
thing works only intermittently in my Sony Vaio. When it doesn't
work, the link/100Mbit lights never go on and the kernel prints a
warning that the reset failed to complete.

I'd thought it was a bad dongle, but I noticed that:

       * the card works perfectly if installed during a cold-boot,
          ie after a reboot after power-cycling.
       * the card never, ever works after resuming from a suspend-to-disk
       * the card usually works after a reboot (shutdown, BIOS jingle,
         reboot, but no power cycle). In fact its' worked every time
	 since I noticed this pattern.

Anyone else seen this, or something similar?

I'll probably PR it, but it'd be helpful to know if this is a generic
problem or something specific to Vaios, or just specific to me. :-(.