Subject: RE: install problems
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Tony Hernandez <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2000 21:13:28
The IRQ's for the NE2000 ISA card are hard coded into the NetBSD kernel. You
have to do one of three things:
1) Find the configuration boot disk for your ne2000 card and set it to the IRQ
and IO  that is hard coded into the NetBSD kernel. Ask what it defaults to on
the list here and someone will answer you. This is the prefered way...

here's another :
2) Dont make anyone do this :) Find someone to build you a custom boot disk
kernel that reflects you current hardware configuration for your ne2000 card.

3) Use a Supported PCI card. these use plug and play ( or something similar )
you will not need to mess with anything for this. A supported PCI ne2000 would
be really cheap and will work just fine @ 10Mbps.

hope this helps!
Cheers
Tony Hernandez