Subject: Re: Triple-booting?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2000 00:41:54
On 10.01.00, 11:23:31, Pållen wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>
> > Is there some way of getting the NetBSD booter to do this? Can I boot OSes
> > on separate disks?
>
> Yes, you can select other drives with the bootloader, but I'm not sure if
> this works with NT.

The Grand Unified Bootloader (grub) should be able to boot Linux,
NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Windows NT, DOS (Windows 9x), HURD, OS/2 and
maybe some other systems. GrUB can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

Note that on some systems, booting the NetBSD kernel directly does not
work, but it can always chainload the BSD bootloader on the NetBSD
partition. GrUB does also not (yet) know about NetBSD's unique
partition ID, so you have to use the old 386BSD ID.

Hope that helps.

--
Bernd Sieker

Unix, the solution to the W2k problem.