Subject: Re: StarOffice
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/2000 12:30:43
At 10:33 AM 1/7/00 -0500, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
>The StarOffice package works very well on NetBSD-current;

Except on *my* -current machine, I guess. In my latest attempt, I tried
installing from pkgsrc, and was greeted with a segfault during installation
(which is a totally different error than when I tried installing it by hand
according to the instructions posted a couple months ago - in that case,
the setup binary just died with no message and no core). I have all the
suse_linux stuff from pkgsrc installed.

About the pkgsrc install - when you attempt to install without having the
"one-piece" tarfile in distfiles, it tries to get it for you. This failed
for me with a "This document has moved" message. Since I already had the
"7-piece" tarfile set, I tried putting that in distfiles, but it didn't
even notice it. So I untarred them then tarred them back into a single
file. This failed the checksum of course, *then* .... [remainder of
rambling story of failure omitted]

My next step is to try getting the one-piece tarball by hand (I was never
able to get that to complete last time I tried - that's why I grabbed the
multiple chunks instead).