Subject: StarOffice
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/2000 09:58:06
Has anyone gotten StarOffice (from www.stardivision.de) to run under Linux
emulation with NetBSD-1.4.1?  I have the following Linux emulations installed:

suse_base-6.1p1     Linux compatibility package
suse_compat-6.1p1   Linux compatibility package with old shared libraries
suse_libc5-6.1p1    Linux compatibility package for libc5 binaries
suse_x11-6.1p1      Linux compatibility package for X11 binaries
suse_xforms-6.1p1   Linux compatibility package for xforms binaries
suse_linux-6.1p1    Linux compatibility package collection

The setup fails complaining that it can't load a needed library.  The
particular library it needs appears to be getting extracted from one of the
setup files but for some reason, the setup program can't find it.

root@pc-grunza-p# file setup
setup: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), stripped

root@pc-grunza-p# ./setup
/tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries
libvos517li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone have any ideas where I can start debugging this?  I'd hate to have
to switch to Linux just to read the Word documents my company uses....