Subject: Two X displays on NetBSD-1.4.1]
From: Alex van Denzel <bitbucket@adenzel.demon.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2000 20:37:30
Steven Grunza wrote:

> The XFree86 page says dual headed (two monitors with two video cards)
> systems are not supported yet.  I'm running a system like this now and
> would like to use the second display in something besides Windows98.
>
> Is there anyone working on this or know how long it will be until it is
> supported?

VNC has a ``virtual'' X server. You can connect to this server with
*any* VNC client. It works on linux, and IIRC there also was something
BSDish. In my situation I opened a VNC client on my W95 box, connected
to the virtual server on linux (another -independent- display number on
the same server), and used the linux client to connect to the W95 screen
(for windows systems the _real_ screen is copied)

Source is supplied, so anyone is free to port it, I guess.

Alex.