Subject: Re: 486SLC
To: Jean-Francois Fortier <jefortie@cgocable.ca>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2000 17:04:59
On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 02:33:31PM -0400, Jean-Francois Fortier wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> 	Would like to know if the cyris 486SLC cpu is supported ?.  I'm
> trying to install NetBSD 1.4.1 and when it reboots after the installation
> (floppy + ftp) it stops just after "Setting tty flags"  and few minutes
> later I got the message :" UVM_fault .... hex code *&%$$*&^ ????

Cyrix caches are notoritously flakey. It's well worth disabling the
CPU cache in the BIOS/CMOS settings and trying again.

Yes, the 486SLC should work.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive