Subject: Re: Better than..
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2000 15:53:33
Hi,

I defenitely do not have the needed file system knowledge needed to
prove that, but you said it was caused by ext2 fs. So if I use e.g. ufs
I should not have this problem right? As You shurely know, ext2fs
has some improvements in peto for future releses, new file systems
are on the horizon, hopefully, as they should be under the gpl,
NetBSD will support them too.

As for the UPS I disconnect it all 3 months from the power cords as
recommended and the servers shut down correctly. Luckily I haven=B4t
had a single "real" power outage within the last 10 years.

I do not believe Linux is "better" than BSD, I can handle it just better
because I have longer experience.

mike