Subject: Re: Monitor frequencies (was: Re: Intellimouse problems)
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2000 14:10:58
On 5 Jan 00, at 2:49, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Several had said the same thing, in response to my message.  I stand
> corrected, but won't actually believe it until I see it (and I have no
> intention of pressing my luck by trying it unnecessarily; *grin*).

When configuring X I usually use settings inside the range of my
monitors manual (monitor is a NoName taiwanese 20" multisync
CRT manufactured 1995). Some too high frequencies make my crt
display garbage and there are reported cases of demages to even
more modern LCD displays with Xfree 3.3.X, so I would not trust
manufacturers when they assure the display will display warnings
before getting demaged.

mike