Subject: Re: terminal problem
To: Andrew Todorov <rasate@hotmail.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2000 08:51:13
>     1.How can I remove a terminal qustion in the begining of loginig or set
> it up automaticly to some .

The prompt for terminal type is done by the "tset" program; see the
tset man page (using the "man tset" command); depending on your shell,
this is invoked either from your ~/.profile or your ~/.login

root's default .login uses a tset alias defined in root's .cshrc.  You
probably want to edit out the leading \? in the argument to the tset
command.

>     2.I think that the midnight commander is a Linux application and it is
> set to work with the function keys of Linux terminal - the keys  are not the
> same and they don't work. What can I do?

This is a netbsd list, not a linux list.

Function keys are highly terminal-type specific in what they send.
Some linux programs are known to improper assumptions about this.  The
problem could also be in termcap settings not correctly describing the
function keys.

What are you trying to do?  Where are you running midnight commander?
on a netbsd system?  on a linux system?

						- Bill