Subject: Re: Better than..
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2000 10:42:45
Hi,

there are some advantages of linux beside the larger number of
drivers nobody will deny:

support for MPS and an enormous amount of documentation
(caused by the large number of users)

on the other hand there are also disadvantages of linux:

many sources (so called distributions) and to choose from these
sources is as hard as to choose an OS itself, you need or at least
should have in depth knowledge of the sources structures as you
cannot expect anything to be at the same place on different
sources, and therefore precompiled software may or may not run on
your system.

mike