Subject: Re: Catching exceptions within a shared library
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <crvich@us.ibm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2000 13:39:14
>> I had something similar a while back and the following additional flag
>> to gcc was suggested:
>>
>> -fsjlj-exceptions
>
>It'd be interesting to know if this helps things.

Unfortunately, it did not.  I tried on both my usual 1.3.3 development
machine (with a self-built egcs 1.1.2) as well as on a stock 1.4.1 install
(using the tools in comp.tgz unmodified, which is egcs 1.1.1).  Both
operating systems cause bus errors and so forth when exceptions are caught
inside a shared library, using the test case previously posted.  With or
without the above flag.  8^(

>If the default doesn't work, a PR really should be filed.

I'm filling out the sendpr form right now.  8^)

---
Ernest M. Crvich
IBM ODE team
Have footbag, will shred.