Subject: supported hardware list in INSTALL.txt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2000 03:50:26
	I'm not quite sure about the following text in INSTALL.txt
	(distrib/notes/i386/hardware):
	From the attached text, it looks that [+] implies [*], since, in short:
		[*]: not in INSTALL
		[+]: in GENERIC, not in INSTALL
	yet, some entries are marked with [+] only, like:
		IBM 16/4 ISA Adapter [+]

	How can we clarify this?  If the interpretation of attached text is
	incorrect, please correct me (and maybe we need to improve the text).
	Another way is to make [*] and [+] separate like:
		[*]: not in INSTALL
		[+]: not in GENERIC
	and explicitly mark lines with the marks.

itojun

---
     Drivers for hardware marked with "[*]" are NOT present in kernels on the
     distribution floppies.  Except as noted above, all drivers are present on
     all disks.  Also, at the present time, the distributed kernels support
     only one SCSI host adapter per machine.  NetBSD normally allows more,
     though, so if you have more than one, you can use all of them by compil-
     ing a custom kernel once NetBSD is installed.

     Support for devices marked with "[+]" IS included in the "generic" ker-
     nels, although it is not in the kernels which are on the distribution
     floppies.