Subject: Re: Quad CPU
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: None <eric.delcamp@legrand.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/28/1999 18:12:42
Hi,

Due to a big storm here in France, I has the chance to try a kernel on a quad
CPU computer (a PROLIANT 5500), via a kernel made by Bill Sommerfeld. Here is
the output:
--------------
booting fd0a:netbsd - starting in 0
 1970176 + 1712128
Please remove disk 1, insert disk 2, and type return ...
 + 149580 = 0x3a7850

init386: about to ddb_init
 [ no symbols available ]
Copyright (bla bla bla....)

panic: vm_page_physget: called _after_ bootstrap

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.
---------------
This kernel work OK on single and bi-cpu machines. The only difference between a
bi and a quadri is the amount of memory : 512Mb for the bi, 1Gb for the quadri
(Hey ! Winframe need this !).
Does NetBSD support 1Gb of memory ? Could it be the cause of the panic ?
On the bi-PII, dmesg output show only cpu0 (no cpu1). Helas, I could not mount
an MSDOS formatted floppy (hang), like a normal install, or newfs a new floppy
(missing parameters, and disktab is empty....). I have lots of works now, but I
could try again tomorrow, if someone could do a patch for the 1Gb.

Thanks.

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, la societe
ne peut etre tenue responsable de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The society cannot therefore be considered responsible for the contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete
it and notify the sender.