Subject: GNU EMACS Info-system
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <tgruhn@olg.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/24/1999 19:08:54
When I upgraded to NetBSD-1.4.1, the compiler set installed /usr/share/info, which has EMACS info files. I played around with the
EMACS-20.4 customize options and added the dir /usr/share/info to my
set of customization variables. When in the EMACS menu I choose
Help -> Manuals -> Browse Manuals with Info; this gets me into
/usr/local/info and displays "dir" -- works fine! I now pick
Files -> Open File and enter /usr/share/info -- so far so good;
choose gcc.info (highlighted in yellow) the GNU copyleft shows up
but I can't choose any of the suboptions! Did I miss something here,
or does something else in EMACS-20.4 need configuring?