Subject: Re: Davicom 9102 ?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/1999 14:59:45
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I'm still waiting for my sample cards to arrive from Davicom, so I can
> finish support for it.

  My M599LMR motherborad has a DM9102 and I've been trying to get it
working with the tlp driver.  Probably due to my inexperience with such
things, I haven't actually succeeded yet (though I've about memorized the
data sheet and am almost positive that it *should* work).

  The symptoms are:
1) It never sends a transmit complete interrupt, only an early transmit
interrupt (if requested, if not it does nothing).
2) It does clear the owner bit on the setup packet.
3) It fails to idle with transmit status RUNNING-CLOSE-CLEAR OWNER (yep,
just for fun they decided to change the meaning of the status bits) and
receive status RUNNING-WAIT.

  I have:
1) put it in Store-and-Forward mode (since the DMA engine isn't great)
2) disabled interrups in the interrupt routine (to work around the
"Interrupt edge problem")
3) made sure all of the required settings are actually set

  The FreeBSD code does not seem to do anything special for it, so I am
not sure where to look.  If nobody has any ideas, I'll try a direct port
of the FreeBSD code and go at it from that direction.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net